Friday, August 14, 2009

The Newest Philadelphia Eagle: Michael Vick

Michael Vick has signed on to be part of the NFL's Philadelphia Eagles. He is expected to be fully reinstated to the game by week six of the season, which is in October.

"I fully understand that playing football in the NFL is a privilege, not a right, and I am truly thankful for [the] opportunity I have been given," Vick said in a statement last month upon his reinstatement [to the NFL].

"As you can imagine, the last two years have given me time to re-evaluate my life, mature as an individual and fully understand the terrible mistakes I made in the past and what type of life I must lead moving forward," he said in last month's statement.

Vick is also aiding the Humane Society of the United States in their effort to eradicate dog fighting and animal cruelty by sharing his story with at-risk youth.

No comments:

Post a Comment