Friday, May 8, 2009

This Just Isn't Enough

On May 1 Minnesota dog breeder and owner of Pick of the Litter, Inc. Kathy Bauck was sentenced to 20 days in jail, a $500 fine and was ordered to allow Humane Society inspectors access to her breeding facilities for drop-in inspections. She was also sentenced to probation and community service. Bauck was convicted in April of four misdemeanor counts of animal cruelty. The two felony animal cruelty charges were dismissed by the jury.

Oh yeah. Did I mention that this woman is notorious for performing veterinary services (surgeries, vaccinations) without ever having been to vet school? And that she has numerous citations for animal cruelty and animal torture?

If you can believe it, the state of Minnesota is allowing her to keep all her dogs.

Um, excuse me?!

I thought that dropping the felony charges and letting her off without much jail time or heavy enough (in my opinion) fines was bad. But this...I feel like the very FIRST punishment should have been to order Ms. Bauck not to have access to any companion animal ever again!

If you have the stomach for it, you can watch a video of the abuse Bauck inflicted here.

I think I am too mad to write more about this now. What are your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment