Friday, April 17, 2009

I'm Tired of...ANIMAL CRUELTY


So I got this really awesome bracelet and I wanted to tell you guys about it.

It's from a website called I'm Tired of, which was created by a brother-sister team to help people support and get the word out about their favorite global issues. They have all sorts of causes, like I'm Tired of Cancer, I'm Tired of Global Warming, I'm Tired of World Hunger, I'm Tired of The Economy, and more. Of course, the one I'm sporting is I'm Tired of Animal Cruelty!

The great thing about these bracelets is that they are affordable, made from recycled materials right here in the U.S., and best of all, half of your money goes to support the cause of your choice.

Cool, huh?

The bracelets are $10 each and they are made of recycled tires and silver. For every bracelet you buy, $5 goes toward the charity connected with the cause of the bracelet you choose. Dan and Carrie, I'm Tired of's creators, do extensive research to make sure that the charity they choose to connect with each of their issues has a national or international presence. They also make sure they choose charities that put the majority of their donations toward solving issues or finding cures related to their cause.

For example, my $5 went to support Best Friends Animal Sanctuary. I was particularly happy about that because Best Friends is my favorite animal advocate group.

If you like this idea but Animal Cruelty isn't your absolute favorite cause (and why wouldn't it be??), you can purchase a bracelet for any of their other causes. If your cause isn't yet represented, there's a place at the bottom of the I'm Tired of homepage where you can vote for the next one to be added to the list.

Order yours today!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Austin,

    As one of the co-founders of I'm Tired of... bracelets, I wanted to personally thank you for this great post! This campaign's success is so dependent upon great people like you spreading the word. We really appreciate it.

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete